We’ve had a few questions recently about our products and so with the change in season and new customers, I’ve shared below how I use them.
My skin type – is pretty normal – I never really get oily and only a little dehydrated & dry in the cooler months, especially living in Melbourne with less sun and more heating (or if I haven’t drunk enough water) etc. I did suffer from acne in my late teens and twenties and still battle with a little congestion and breakouts but my skin is so much better and one of the reasons I started Babs.
So here’s my AM/PM routine. I use all the products and change things around a little depending on season etc. I love layering the products, depending on what my skin needs, but it’s a great idea to try and tweak your routine from time to time, to see what works best for you.
- Cleanse – Facial Cleansing Oil OR a light cleanse with our Rose & Geranium Face Mist –
If I’m feeling like my skin needs a deeper clean, I’ll oil cleanse in the morning with 1-2 pumps of our cleansing oil and remove with a warm-hot face cloth. If my skin just needs a little wake up then I’ll spritz all over with our Face Mist and wipe over with a damp hot cloth. (We are working on another cleanser which I’ve been using which will fill this gap for those after something lighter than the oil cleanser, which a lot of you have been asking for.)
- Hydrate – After cleansing apply 2-4 spritz of our Rose & Geranium Face Mist to prepare skin for your moisturiser. Applying oils to slightly damp skin allows the skin to take product in deeper without needing to use as much product – win win.
- Moisturise – Apply 3-5 drops of chosen oil. In summer I’ll go between all three of our oils – Olive Squalane, Jojoba Oil or the Rosehip & Hemp Face Oil.
Winter – I’ll layer Olive Squalane under the Jojoba or Rosehip & Hemp Face Oil for extra hydration and nourishment.
Our Three Face Oils
Olive Squalane – super lightweight and silky feel, absorbs quickly, improves hydration, promotes elasticity and is packed with antioxidants to help fight free radical damage. It also creates a great silky smooth base for makeup application.
Jojoba – a non greasy oil that is similar to our own sebum. Balancing, regulating, moisturising, packed with antioxidants, omegas and vitamins A, D and E. Great for all skin types especially problematic, sensitive, dry, combination etc
Rosehip & Hemp – our original ‘liquid gold’ face oil is packed with antioxidants, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals which helps to nourish and repair skin, encouraging cell renewal, while plumping and giving skin a healthy glow.
If you’re new to oils or want to try oils but are worried they are too heavy try this TIP: Mix a couple of drops of your chosen face oil in your palm with 1-2 spritz of the face mist for a really hydrating and light emulsion – I particularly like to do this in warmer months but would work perfectly to increase hydration in the winter months and layer products on top.
- Cleanse, remove makeup etc. At night I use 3-4 pumps of the Facial Cleansing oil especially if I have been wearing a lot of makeup and sunscreen etc. Massaging the oil into skin, I leave eyes till last and use my ring fingers to really gently go over eyes and eye lashes. I’ll then add a little water to my fingers and go back over my eyes which helps to loosen mascara more. Remove with a warm/hot face cloth. I’ll double cleanse at night, first cleanse with our Facial Cleansing Oil and the second cleanse with the cleanser which is coming soon.
Removing both with warm/hot face cloth.
- Hydrate – After cleansing I mist with 3-4 spritzes of our Rose and Geranium Face Mist and allow this to absorb slightly before applying my oils
- Moisturise – I normally use 2-3 drops of the Olive Squalane and then I like to spritz again and apply our Rosehip & Hemp Face Oil, pressing the oil into the skin.
2-3 times a week I’ll also use a gua sha or jade roller and give my face a massage. Using these tools help with product absorption, lymphatic drainage – which helps to depuff, relieve tension (especially around my jaw), stimulate circulation & blood flow which improves complexion.
Weekly – Exfoliate and Mask
2 – 3 times a week I’ll exfoliate with our Facial Exfoliant Scrub. I find this easy to do in the shower when I’m washing my hair. Mix a 20 cent piece amount with a little water and a pump of cleansing oil and massage into skin. Then I’ll leave on for a couple of minutes before I wash off to give it time to work as a brightening mask. This is great to help with black heads, removes dead and dry skin and makes skin silky & smooth.
Once a week, mainly on the weekend, I’ll do a Pink Clay & Cacao Mask. This mask helps to get blood flowing, improves tone and texture and is great as a treatment before an event. It is a little messy so having a face cloth specifically for removing the mask is a great idea.
If I have any pimples or breakouts then I’ll apply it as a spot mask to the problem area to help clear them faster.
That’s how I use our products daily/weekly. If you have any questions then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.